Diabetes patients always face confusion while picking up the food items for preparing their daily diet chart. Considering your concern, Tarmata compiled a list of healthy food items for diabetics.
- Replace your bread with 100% whole wheat bread- Instead of cutting out the carbs completely, replace it with complex carbs, that’s what this whole wheat bread offer you along with Minerals, Vitamins, and Blood-sugar managing fiber.
- Spinach- it has an important nutrient that is good for your eyes, and people suffering from diabetes have more risk of blindness compared to healthy people. It is also good for your heart.
- Yummy berries- If you are suffering from diabetes and get the craving for sweets, need not to worry. As you have the yummy option for satisfying your sweet tooth, and it is berries- strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. These tasty berries are known as the superfood for diabetes patients, because of low-sugar and high fiber content.
- Raw Almonds and Walnuts –nuts are also considered as the superfood for diabetes patients, for being low in carbs and high in fiber and healthy fats. Where almonds are known for improving insulin sensitivity and walnuts are known for high omega 3 content.
- Oats- Oats are rich in a type of fiber called beta-glucan, that is known for anti-diabetic effect.
- Colorful bell peppers- bells peppers that come in many colors like green, yellow, red and orange are considered as the blood-sugar friendly food.
- Chickpeas- Chickpeas are loaded with high-fiber. So enjoy roasted chickpeas as healthy and yummy snacks, and say bye bye to cravings for potato chips.